Yesterday my sister tagged me in an Instagram post that said "Katie you HAVE to do this!" And she was right! I leaped out of my seat when I saw a spread from Red Book Magazine with beautiful tropical flowers spilling out of a pineapple! We all know this is the summer of pineapples and flamingos --- and I am on board!
So I decided to try and see if I could re-create the spread at my house. Ladies and gentlemen --- it took me less than twenty minutes to make this stunning bouquet! It could not be more easy to make! It is only five simple steps.
HOW TO MAKE THE VASE:
1. Find a large pineapple with a flat base at your local supermarket or bodega.
2. Cut off the top of the pineapple in a straight line.
3. Core out the pineapple leaving the bottom in tact. This might take some time. After I cut all of the pineapple I used a spoon to shell out the final stubborn bits at the bottom. Be prepared to be covered in juice and to smell like a pina colada for the rest of the day.
4. Find a glass that is roughly the size of the whole in the pineapple. Fill the glass 3/4 of the way full with water and place in the pineapple.
5. Arrange your flowers to your hearts desire!!!
That's it! Can you believe how easy it is to make something so lovely for your table scape? Just make sure that if you leave it out there is no way for creatures to get to it --- because remember this is a sweet and sticky fruit that will attract all of the bugs over night!